Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My 20012 Wildwood 29bhds will not work on battery. Was plugged into 30

Customer Question

my 20012 Wildwood 29bhds will not work on battery. Was plugged into 30 amp at the park and we had a power bump. \the next day I couldn't close my slides or awning until I hooked up to my truck. Since then Icharged the batteries and it still wont work. On my panel to check my tanks and battery it shows my batteries are dead. Fuses have been checked in my electrical area where the inverter is and they are good. on that panel it reads
World Friendship company. converter input model WF8955PEC power converter with panel 70VF,
inverter AC04W119619834 can you help?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** start I would go to the battery and look for a tripped breaker, sometimes they will stick one on the cable from the converter to the battery. The breaker will have two posts on it and the voltage to chassis ground should be the same on each post. As a general rule they like to stick them 18" from the battery, some are thermal and self reset and some have a small tab that pops out when they trip.The other issue is the converter, the converter will take the incoming AC voltage and make the DC voltage, it should also charge the battery. Click HERE for some troubleshooting it should help determine if the converter is bad. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert