Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My RV refrig Propane stopped working properly midway through

Customer Question

My RV refrig Propane stopped working properly midway through our last trip. Temp would not go below 50 but did fine on AC. Also, when the flame blew out it would not automatically reignite. Do I need a new cicuit board?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** you are saying it is working on AC fine, but not cooling on LP?To start on this I would go to the outside access panel and blow out the burner tube really good. I would also verify the manual shut off make sure it is fully opened. Click HERE and see page 11. I would also pull the burner jet and soak it in alcohol. The other thing I would want to do is verify the LP pressure at the back of the fridge, if the pressure was low then you might not get proper flame and the unit would not cool very well. It would be hard for you to check without a manometer. It is a 15 min check in the shop. I also might unplug the thermistor while it is running on LP, the fridge should default to full cooling, the thermistor will be a two wire connector on the circuit board, P-2.... IF you still get no cooling then I would be looking at a circuit board..... Hope this helps.. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... RObert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm still testing things; I will get back to you. It seemed that I was not getting a gas supply. After messing with the wires on the solenoid the burner lit. I will now see if it cools down below 50.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good.... Robert