Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We have a 2005 Keystone cougar. There is a persistant odor

Customer Question

We have a 2005 Keystone cougar. There is a persistant odor toward the front door. We emptied all the tanks (black, grey, galley) still has odor. The galley tank seems to stay at 3/4 full except when it gets full, then it reads full on the panel. Seemed like when it was full, suddenly we had a leak coming from under the rv near the front door. I "emptied the galley tank (still says 3/4 full) and the leak stopped.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** few things here, it is possible the sensor is not reading correct, I would try some tank cleaner and then drive the unit this will help slosh everything around and clean the sensors. Sometimes when the sensor gets dirty it will give a false reading. The other issue would be if the tank was really 3/4 full. Get up on the roof and inspect all the vents. the ABS piping should be about 3" above the roof line, the piping will be under the vent cap. Sometimes small animals, or leaves, pine needles etc can get under the vent cap, it needs to be clean and clean for the tank to drain properly. What I also might try is hooking up a back flush to the discharge piping and see if you can get the area clean where the valve is. Most RV parts stores carry the back flush, it goes on the discharge and you hook water up to it......IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert