Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I had a 2002 avion 36 f 5th wheel. I found that the floor sloped

Customer Question

I had a 2002 avion 36 f 5th wheel. I found that the floor sloped just as it started to go under the slide. Is that a normal trait for fleet wood?
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
Are you having any leaks or is the slide-room dragging on the floor?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not at all. I was told that it rounds off at the edge so it is easier for the slide to come in as it comes up before it moves in. Is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the inside of the trailer on floor
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
That was going to be my next question, if the slide raises when it comes in, if so yes this is normal as it assists the slide-room, with it not leaking and not causing damage to the floor then I would not be concerned with it. Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well as far as I know it is not leaking but we bought it new and looked like that from the beginning. But would signs would I look for if it was leaking and should I be worried about it
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
The area would feel damp or wet, you would also smell mold if it has been leaking, any discoloring under the carpet in that area would also be a red flag, also when it gets real bad the floor would be soft and if you can poke a screwdriver through the sub floor it would be rotted. Some rooms are set up like this to help assist the room.... Robert