spankyjr1
spankyjr1, RV Mechanic
Experience:  I have been a mechanic/ technician for over 30 years working on gas,diesel,engines drive train,and electronics.
65057319

I have a 2015 Allegro Bus with a steering problem. The day

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Allegro Bus with a steering problem. The day after I purchased the coach from North Trail I drove it to my home in Marco Island and noticed that the coach "drifted" all over the road. North Trail then performed an alignment and deemed the
coach ok but the drifting still occurred. I've since traveled some 6500 miles on a pacific northwest trip "glued" to the steering wheel since it is still "loosey goosey"/ What can I do to get a stabilized steering system.
Category: RV
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for long delay
My name is ***** ***** you for your question.
There are a bunch of things that can cause this so I have a few questions to get us started,,if at any time you would rather discuss over the phone to make this quicker let me know and we can make that happen.
Is Bus loaded or unloaded when this happens?
What is tire condition any cupping? Inflated correctly? any other wear issues?
Do you feel looseness in steering or only wanders?
Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Spanky: 1. The coach was unloaded (I was driving it off the lot) but problem continued to occur after loading. 2. Tires were brand new and inflated correctly with no other wear issues. 3. Also, I do feel some looseness in the steering.Thanks, ***** ***** forward to your response.Jerry Ragsdell
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for info Jerry.
I want you to look at the bus while it's on level surface from about 30ft away,, from both sides and front and back.
Does the bus have a downward slope from rear to front?
Now it won't be very much at all but does need to sit like this.
If its not you have air bags either front or back that are not adjusted correctly which affects steering.
Same goes for looking from front and back with air bags,, it should look level,,,,,, no tilt,,even height on both sides front and back.
Next if that's all okay I would have steering box looked at,, you may have slop in box that is usually not caught by a selling dealer,, you would have to get it checked at someplace that deals with buses on a regular basis,, besides sales dealer. Selling dealers deal with the body and all are not trained on suspension.
These buses tend to feel weird in turns with steering but should go straight and not wander going down the road.
Then you need a complete front end inspection including wheel bearings,drag link,,tie rods,,tie rods tube,,ect.
Questions or problems let me know I'm happy to assist.
A rating is required. You’re rating my personal service to you, not Just Answer. I am not an employee of this website, nor do
I have control over the fees or the time it took for you to get a response. I respond as soon as I see the questions in the order
that I receive them when I am online.
Also rating does not close your question, it just assures Just answer credits me,,, has nothing to do with you.You can continue
to follow up as long as needed even after rating
Thanks spanky
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm just following up to see if you where satisfied with my answer.
Please keep in mind that even though you have already paid your deposit money
over to JustAnswer, or you may be a subscriber, until you rate me highly for my service,
I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.
Thanks
spanky