Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Don't use the AC often. Just pulled into a campground. Very

Customer Question

Don't use the AC often. Just pulled into a campground. Very hot. Turned it on. It made noise like it was trying to run but not much air movement even on high. After about 30 seconds it shut down. 10 minutes later it tries to start again only to shut down within 30 seconds. Any suggestions? Just starting a 2 week vacation. Suggestions please!!
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
IF you do not use the AC to often and you had little air flow I would get up on the roof and make sure the fan spins freely, sometimes wasps, mud daubers can make nests near the fan and prevent it from spinning, have seen it before so I would check, make sure you have some wasps spray and be ready when the cover comes off. I would have someone turn the AC on as well to see what the fan is doing. Make sure you have good AC and DC voltage as well, the roof ac requires both to run. IF the above is all good then you could have an issue with the fan or circuit board for the AC unit and I would have a shop test.... Hope this helps... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We've been driving today and just got your message. It's night now and we have a busy day tomorrow but I will try to remove the cover as soon as I can and see what I found. I have stored the trailer in a garage so hopefully no pest issues.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, I am around daily so no hurry on my end...
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to remove the cover, but the unusual head style did not fit any of my socket wrench attachments. The weather has been much cooler since then and thus I've been ok with just using fans. Our vacation is almost done so I will just take it to my normal repair shop when I get home next week. Thanks for your suggestion! I wish it would have worked for me!
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Well at least the weather has cooled off, not here....
My goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts, I only get credit when you select a rating, IF you would like a refund please let me know, I am fine in whatever you decide..... Robert