gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a 1990 RV with a duotherm by dometic air conditioner

Customer Question

I have a 1990 RV with a duotherm by dometic air conditioner and I seem to be having a problem getting an air conditioner control for it.
It is model nb#-6110015.404 s/n-(###) ###-####
can I still get parts for this Roof Mount A/C ?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.
hi, what you need to do is replace the control and thermostat as the control is obsolete, which thermostat does it use?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has a touchpad thermostat control . it has a mode pad, room temp, cooler, warmer,and fan , and off pad
thanks, ***** ***** cannot identify it from that information, can you take a photo of it, or give me a model number of the thermostat, does it have 4 buttons or 5 buttons? take a look at this photo thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
unable to take picture tonight, but if I use the thermostat like the one in the picture, I will have to use the power supply that matches that thermostat, won't I ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the one I have is 6 touchpads
thanks, ***** ***** the problem the thermostat and control must be compatable, the ac will plug into any dometic control. so what I need to figure out is if the thermostat you have uses wires to the thermostat or a data cable that looks like a phone cord.........
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the thermostat that's bad hooks up by a ribbon cable, witch is flat.
thanks thats a problem, can you take down the ceiling panel, and access the control board, and get a part number off of it, you cannot use the new control and thermostat without running new wires, and that is not something you want to do, so lets see if we can match up the control. the issue with the part number of the airconditioner is that the unit is sold in two parts the upper units are interchangable, and will plug into any control,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,dometic created a nightmare, and you are feeling the pain...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will look at the control board and see if I can deal with it in the daylight Monday, thanks for your help.
your welcome I know this is a pain, I will be here when your ready, thanks .... Michael