EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership experience
34559540

The sound on my Airstream Samsung TV used to be able to

Customer Question

hi, the sound on my Airstream Samsung TV used to be able to go through my Sony Radio speakers as long as the radio was on source CD. Now I cannot get any sound out of my Radio speakers from my TV. What needs to be done to fix this. We have not changed anything, we did replace the battery recently and I reset the radio. Tuner works fine through the speakers, but not the TV.
Category: RV
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
When you replace the battery it sets the tv settings back to factory. Did you go into the tv and tell it to use the auxiliary speaker output?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried setting the TV to external speakers and it still did not provide the sound output through the speakers in my airstream. The TV has only two settings. TV speakers or external speakers
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
You may need to verify that the input to the stereo is working correctly. You will have to find a different device and hook up to the input of the stereo to try and isolate if it is a radio concern or a tv concern.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hiw do I verify the input is working? The connecting wiring is all in the wall and has not been touched. The tuner is working through the speakers fine. The Blue Ray DVD works but again the DVD nor the TV sound plays thru the radio speakers as it did before we replaced the battery. I can connect an ipod thru the radio USB and the speakers work throughout the trailer. I need your help to understand how to check the input?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
You need to make sure the tv is outputting on the wires to the stereo. Usually the wires are hanging out of the wall for the tv. I am hoping you can plug something else in there and try outputting to the stereo. To verify if the tv is ouputting sound and if the stereo settings are correct.