gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Again, Michael. I replaced the thermistor in the fridge,

Customer Question

Hi again, Michael. I replaced the thermistor in the fridge, and switched it to LP just to make sure it would work that way as well. It was 60+ degrees in the fridge when I started it cooling at about 4:45. At 9:00 it had only cooled to 42. overnight it
cooled to 32. Should it take this long to cool off? The afternoon sun was on the fridge side of the RV, but the ventilation is not blocked, could that make a difference. We were thinking about leaving on a quick trip this evening, but my wife is worried our
food will ruin.
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.
Hi, it does take quite a while to cool off, you may want to add a fan to the rear of the refer to help do dissipate the heat from the cooling unit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, thanks.
on a weird note...when we first started having trouble, we tried a few simple things, (checking fuses, restarting, etc) and noticed the light housing was extremely hot from the door being open just a few minutes. I thought, oh, there was a heat source inside the unit the whole time, so I pulled the bulb. Still had the problem.
Anyway, is the light connected thru the control board in any way, or could that be an indication of a too high voltage problem somewhere? Or is that a type of bulb that just gets hot quickly? Thanks again...
Hi, thats interesting, the bulb has its own wiring down to the control board, the bulb is a standard bulb, and not meant to be on for an extended period, dont think its an issue.............Michael