Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 1999 Aerbus by Rexhall with an electrical problem

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Aerbus by Rexhall with an electrical problem that I can't figure out. lights and fans and such that run off battery power are fine, but no shore power, and can't get the generator to start. Help
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
To start go to the main breaker panel, turn all the breakers off, go unplug from shore power for a few mins, plug back in and then turn all the breakers back on, go around and make sure you do not have any GFI'S tripped. These will be outlets with a test and reset on them...
The next step would be to find the transfer switch, the transfer switch will detect the incoming AC power source and switch between generator power and shore power. IF you have AC power going into the switch and nothing coming out then it has failed. Sometimes the TS will be next to the shore cord or inside the RV, follow the generator and shore cord it will lead right to it.... Sounds like it could be the problem if you tried another power source and you are missing ALL the DC power... Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert