spankyjr1
spankyjr1, RV Mechanic
Experience:  I have been a mechanic/ technician for over 30 years working on gas,diesel,engines drive train,and electronics.
65057319

Our 2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 5291B Slides won,t work...drivers

Customer Question

Our 2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 5291B Slides won,t work...drivers seat all way forward Hand brake On....Batteries are good close to 13.9 .. not sure what next... Don
Category: RV
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi Don, my name is ***** ***** you for your question.
Sorry for delay
They can wire slide power directly into engine batteries,coach batteries,,or starter battery positive cable terminal.Or any solenoids constant power source, it will have a heavy gage wire going to solenoid,,power on one side only that fuse gets connected too.
You should have a inline fuses for slides in anyone of those areas less than a foot away from power source.
Check all those first.
If that's all okay let me know brand and model of slides.
Check on back of in/out switches to make sure you are getting signal power to switches.
Control power and signal power come from two different sources.
FYI: I will be in/out throughout the day and will respond when I can
Questions or problems let me know I'm happy to assist.
A rating is required. You’re rating my personal service to you, not Just Answer. I am not an employee of this website, nor do
I have control over the fees or the time it took for you to get a response. I respond as soon as I see the questions in the order
that I receive them when I am online.
Also rating does not close your question, it just assures Just answer credits me,,, has nothing to do with you.You can continue to follow up as long as needed even after rating.
Thanks spanky