Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2007 Damon Challenger. Ac was working last night running off

Customer Question

2007 Damon Challenger. Ac was working last night running off the generator. Shut generator off last night. Started the generator this morning but ac will not come on. Beeps and clicks but no fan or anything. It has a remote to run acs
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** for the delay... This sounds like it could be a Transfer Switch issue. IF the generator is running and not producing AC power go to the generator and make sure you do not have a breaker tripped on it, most generators will have two breakers. IF the breakers are good I would find the TS and see if you have AC power going in and out of it. When they fail you might not get power on one source, it can happen on shore or generator power. The location of the TS can vary, it might be next to the shore cord or inside behind the breaker panel, under the bed, in the closet etc. Try and follow both the generator cord and shore cord, it will lead right to it, if you have AC power going in and nothing coming out it has failed and would need to be replaced.... hope this helps some... Robert