Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets
Experience:  RV tech since the beginning of the millenium.
19372534

WHAT ELSE CAN WE TRY?

Customer Question

WHAT ELSE CAN WE TRY?
Category: RV
Expert:  Larry Welch replied 1 year ago.
Hi Larry here. I am going to be Brutally honest and no negative rating here. This is a complete hands one. I wished I could help you, but there are so many issues to look at. I am willing to start but you are better off going to a Cummins dealer.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this. Could you please explain in a little greater detail what is going on here? Also, 3 flashes of the light does not indicate an over load. It is merely a service indicator, and means that a secondary fault code has been set. Lets see what it is.Go to the genset and use the switch on the set itself.Press 'Stop' 3 times within 5 seconds. The light in the switch will start flashing.If the light flashes 3 times, pauses for 3 seconds, and flashes 3 more times, press and immediately release 'Stop' one more time.This will put the controller into Fault Read Mode.The light will flash (X) number of times, pause for 1 second, and flash for (X) number of times again. Count the flashes before and after the pause.This will be the Fault Code.Example: 2 rapid flashes, 1 second pause, 5 rapid flashes is a Fault Code 25.There may be more than one Fault Code stored, so watch the light very carefully. If there is more than one code, it will display them all in order, and then start over again. Be very careful not to misread a first level fault code (single digit code) as a second level fault code (double digit code).The way to tell the difference is by the length of the pauses.There is a 1 second pause between digits of a second level code, and a 3 second pause between codes.For example, if it is flashing 2 times, 1 second pause, flashing 2 times, 3 second pause and repeating, then this is a second level fault code of 22.If it is flashing 2 times, 3 second pause, flashing 2 times, 3 second pause and repeating, then this is a first level fault code of 2. What Fault Code are you getting?.