Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My Dometic refrigerator (model: RM1350IMSSX) is not cooling

Customer Question

my Dometic refrigerator (model: RM1350IMSSX) is not cooling while on generator power. shore power works fine. Circuit breaker is not tripped. Outside in the access cover: I've checked receptacle with generator running and it is at 120V. Terminal block 12V is measuring 30VDC when generator running and 28VDC when not running. I thought perhaps this was causing system to shut down for over voltage, but not getting an E4 error code on front of LED display.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** really sounds like a power converter issue, the power converter will take the incoming AC voltage and make the DC voltage it should also charge the battery. I might check the converter output to make sure it is not the issue and I might hook up a 12 volt DC source directly to the fridge and see if it runs. That high of DC voltage can be an issue for all the circuit boards on the appliances so I would be looking at the converter.... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert