spankyjr1
spankyjr1, RV Mechanic
Experience:  I have been a mechanic/ technician for over 30 years working on gas,diesel,engines drive train,and electronics.
65057319

I have a 1996 Fleetwood flair 31ft class a motorhome.

Customer Question

hello, I have a 1996 Fleetwood flair 31ft class a motorhome. I would like to carry a gas scooter on the back of the motorhome. I will need a rack that attachs to the hitch receiver. how much weight can I carry without affecting the performance of the motorhome. it has a chevy v8 engine. I need to know how much the scooter should weigh. thank you, gerry
Category: RV
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Welcome Gerry, my name is ***** ***** you for your question.I use a versahaul for my scooter and it works well. Easy on easy off.You want to stay under 500lbs.You can log into versahaul.com or click here to see what would work best for you.It carries up to 500lbs and won't affect power for your Rig.The only thing you need to pay attention to is this extends your length so if you go up/down a incline it may scrape,,if you approach something that you think might scrape go on a angle to help avoid bottoming out. Any questions or problems let me know I'm happy to assist.
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
I should have made clear, a very steep incline,,it would not scrape during normal road travel including back roads.
say going into/out of a gas station with a very steep entrance ramp.
Sorry for any confusion.
Questions or problems let me know I'm happy to assist.
A rating is required. You’re rating my personal service to you, not Just Answer. I am not an employee of this website, nor do
I have control over the fees or the time it took for you to get a response. I respond as soon as I see the questions in the order
that I receive them when I am online.
Thanks spanky
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm just following up to see if you where satisfied with my answer.
Please keep in mind that even though you have already paid your deposit money
over to JustAnswer, or you may be a subscriber, until you rate me highly for my service,
I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.
Thanks
spanky