Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We bought a second hand -Lo Camper which contains a Dometic

Customer Question

we bought a second hand Hi-Lo Camper which contains a Dometic Camper Refrigerator Unit.
To the right of the refrigerator door there is a toggle switch labeled Refrigerator Fan. We have had the camper for nearly a year and never had a problem until yesterday. We had set up the camper on Sunday and connected the refrigerator to AC and turned on the refrigerator fan. It ran as usual until last night when the refrigerator fan ceased to run. We have looked at all of the information related to the refrigerator and find no mention of a fan. Is this related to a circuit breaker or perhaps a DC fuse, or could the fan motor just have burned up.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert..
Sounds like to me someone installed that fan as normally you do not find a dedicated switch for a fan on the fridge, in fact some do not have any at all. Sometimes if there is an issue with air circulation owners will install them. So what I would do to start is access the fan and jump the motor wires with a DC source, a drill battery will work. IF the fan does not run then the motor is bad. IF the fan spins it is hard to say where they tied in power but I would look for a small gauge wire near the battery with an in-line fuse and check all your fuses near the breaker panel....... Hope this helps some.... Robert