Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

I have a RM2510 that has been setting up years. The

Customer Question

I have a RM2510 that has been setting up for 6 years. The electrical control and the gas control both make all of the tubes hot but frigerator does not cool.
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.
Hi, how long have you run the refer? and does the freezer begin to get cold? do you see any yellow residue by the burner assy? thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been running for 30 minutes. No yellow deposits that I noticed. The inside of the frig. smells like amonia. No cooling in freezer
thanks, unfortunately, the smell of ammonia tells me that the cooling unit is leaking.. shut the refer off....................this means that to remedy your issue, you will need to replace the cooling unit. please get back to me for clarification if necessary...........Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Thanks unfortunately, I dont do the phone service, and we must continue here, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot reply to your answer. I push your button and get sent to a search page
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do you mean "replace cooling unit"?
Hi,, the cooling unit is a major part of the refrigerator that creates cooling. If you look at the back of the refer, you see all of the piping this contains the refrigerant, and unfortunately it is leaking. the replacement requires the refer to be removed, and the piping (cooling unit) replaced. this is the time to consider a new refer as the cost is aprox. 60% +- the cost of new,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why does it smell like ammonia?
Your refrigerator is an absorbtion unit, which uses ammonia and a couple of other chemicals as the refrigerant
Hi, I have not heard from you for a while, if I can be of further assistance please respond, if I have given you the information you requested, please rate me so I receive credit for our work together, thanks Michael