gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Michael this is Jamie Woodward you worked with me on my 2007

Customer Question

Michael this is Jamie Woodward you worked with me on my 2007 Fleetwood discovery 39l before. Now I have a problem with my Air conditioner not cooling. I had this problem with the front one and changed the start capacitor. I did change the Cap on this one and still have the same problem. Can you help me again?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.
Good morning, do you hear the compressor comming on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fan is running but the compressor does not start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did install a new start capacitor.
thanks, take your voltmeter up to the electric box topside, and see if there is power going to the compressor, what thermostat is being used? is this dometic or coleman or ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im going to give you my number. And then if you can wait 20 minutes to call I will be by the ac unit with my meter. Thanks,Jamie
I'm sorry Jamie, I dont do the phone thing, we can continue here if you like..Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no voltage to the compessor
Ok, so the issue is a control one. the thermostat sends a signal to a control box in the air conditioner, and triggers relays that pass 120vac to the fan/compressor when called for so we want to take down the ceiling panel, and expose the control box. It would be great if you could take a photo of the control box and the thermostat for me............
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is control box
thanks, ***** ***** take a photo of the side where the wires go into the box, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did you get everything you need?
lets do a test................on the control box there is a wire terminal marked Y. this is the trigger wire for the compressor from the thermostat. first see with your voltmeter if there is 12volts present there when the thermostat is on cool or auto. If not find the 12volt + at the control, and jump the pos signal to the y terminal, and see if the compressor comes on, let me know what happens thanks