Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Own roadtrek 2010. Cannot empty grey or black storage tanks.

Customer Question

Own roadtrek 2010. Cannot empty grey or black storage tanks. Motor seems to work but is quieter than usual. I have used the massator, opened and closed valves. Just filled the black tank and put in a powder to clean the sensors.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Sounds like the macerator can be at fault, it should be chewing up all the debris and allowing the tanks to drain. On some they have a manual override in case it gets clogged if you had that it would have an end cap on the motor you remove and below that is a slot you use a flat head screwdriver that you turn clockwise to turn the impeller in the pump. I know these Roadtreks are a pain to get at but I would see if that helps and make sure the impeller is not clogged, also make sure you have good voltage at the macerator pump, if the voltage was low it might run but not work very well... Hope this helps some.... Robert