Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Where is the Converter. In 1995 Santa 290 FL motor home . Breakers

Customer Question

Where is the Converter. In 1995 Santa 290 FL motor home . Breakers and DC fuse panel has transfer switch Gen to,Shore power. But see no converter.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert..
Sorry for the delay, I see no other experts have responded.
The power converter can be located in a few areas. Some converters are part of the main fuse/breaker panel and others stand alone and plug into an outlet. On the stand alone style they can be in several locations. To start I would look near the battery, go outside and look for a vented panel near the battery, many times if they stick the converter outside they will have a cutout with a vent for air flow.
Inside I would look next to the breaker panel, under the stove, fridge, behind the breaker panel, try and follow the battery cables if possible, it should lead to the converter...
Hope this helps... Robert