Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2014 open range model 345rls: City water connection water

Customer Question

2014 open range model 345rls:
City water connection water coming from overflow tubes what do we do?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
Are you trying to fill the tank or are you just trying to run the city water? IS the water coming out small tubes under the chassis and is the water tank reading full?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
run city water. small tubes under chassis. tank full
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
I would go to the hook up for the city water and make sure you do not have a valve in the wrong position, many times when you go to fill you have to move a valve to allow city water or to fill the tank. IF that valve is shut then the only way the water can get back into the tank is through the water pump, the water pump should have a built in check valve so water only flows out of the tank. So if the tank is filling it could be a bad check valve or water pump. You could drain the tank and then cap the outlet line on the pump and see if it still fills up. IF it does not fill up you know the problem is at the water pump to tank. IF it still fills up I would be looking at the valve that allows the tank to fill.... Hope this helps some... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there are 3 valves. they rotate 180 degrees from 3oclock to 9 oclock. what is open position and close position?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
normally IF the valve handle is running with the pipe the valve is open, if the valve handle is running against the pipe the valve should be closed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
valve is on panel cant see pipe
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
I would try to put it in the 6 o-clock position on all valves and see if the city water stops, then open them one at a time until you get flow. So turn the water on for city water and try to get it to shut off with the valves. Then you will know the closed position, if it is a three way type set up then 6 oclock might be the closed position... Robert