Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have aluminum siding on my fifth wheel trailer and about 2

Customer Question

I have aluminum siding on my fifth wheel trailer and about 2 feet from the top the lower sheet bubbles out and overlaps the upper sheet . I can work it back under the upper sheet with 2 screwdrivers but I am wondering what I can do to secure that area
so that thes sheets don' t bubble and damage each other?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
IF you can reply with a photo it really might help out, should be able to add one into your reply...
Thanks, Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please zoom in on the center of this picture. There is a scratch by the problem area.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
What I would do for that is clean the area really good and then lay a bead of white silicone on that edge and then smooth it out, if you see any voids add more. Many times for something like this I might also use painters tape on each edge so when you spread the silicone it goes onto the tape and will leave a nice uniform line when the tape is pulled. sealing that will help prevent any water from getting in....
Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert