Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

WATER HEATER ISN' WORKING, GAS IGNITES AND BURNS

Customer Question

WATER HEATER ISN' WORKING, GAS IGNITES AND BURNS FOR ABOUT MINUTEW AND QUITS...IT MAY COME ON BY ITSELF INA COUPLE OF HOURS AND REPEATS THE 5 MINUTE BURN AND QUITS. iHAVE REPLACED THE COMPUTER PANEL AND NOTHING CHANGED. 2001 COACH
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
What is the make and model of the water heater?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don"t know would take time yo check
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
I would do the following if you have not done so, clean the burner tube out really good, if it was obstructed then it would be an issue, make sure the electrode is about 1/8" over the burner tube, and the ceramic is not cracked on the electrode.
On the tank you will have a T-stat and high limit, I would check continuity through them and make sure they are good.
I would also pull the gas orifice and soak it n alcohol.
After that I would want to see the LP pressure at the tank to make sure it is not the issue, this would be hard for you to do without a manometer.
IF the pressure is good I would replace the electrode and T-stat...
Hope this helps...
Robert