Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

OUr steps are stuck in up position on allegro 36la. Owner manual

Customer Question

OUr steps are stuck in up position on allegro 36la. Owner manual no help. Also can we run AC with 30 amp power hook up. Can you help with these?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert.
Yes you should be able to run with 30 amp service but you might be limited compared to a 50 amp service, so you might need to manage what you are using, you do not want to turn everything on at once, you should be able to run two AC units but beyond that it will be hard pressed.
The steps. Verify the step switch is in the proper position. Next what you can do is access the motor under the step and jump 12 volts direct to the motor and see if the step moves, if the step does not move then bad motor. IF the step moves then I would be checking the control box to see if it is getting power. If the control box is getting power bad control box. If the step has no power at the controller then you have a blown fuse and I would check all your fuse boxes...
Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert