Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My RV Refrig works on Lp gas but not on electric power checked

Customer Question

My RV Refrig works on Lp gas but not on electric power checked breakers all are good
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
What is the make and model of the fridge?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll need to get back to you tomorrow on that.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good....
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dometic elite
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Was looking for the model number it would be a RM then number. I can give you some ideas and if they do not help you can get back to me again...
IF it is not working on AC power make sure the outlet it is plugged into is good. Next unplug that cord from the outlet, on the back of the fridge you will see a circuit board, it will have wires going to it. Remove the cover and you will see some fuses, one is for AC power and you want to make sure it is not blow. If the fuse is good then it could be the AC heating element, with a volt meter it can be ohmed out to see if it is good but I need the model number for the specs. IF the element tests good then you are looking at a problem with the circuit board. The model number should be on a sticker inside the door, most dometics start with a RM then number.... Hope this helps... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With the plug be on the inside of my RV or on the outside of my RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
It normally is on the outside and you should have an access panel to the back of the fridge, the wires on the cord will go to the circuit board.... Robert