gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I punctured a water line under the toilet in my 2012 allegro

Customer Question

I punctured a water line under the toilet in my 2012 allegro breeze. I can reach the hose but there is not enough room to repair the hole. The toilet flange seems to be solidly mounted so that I can not remove the riser under the toilet. Is there a way to access the hoses so that they can be repaired?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.
Hi, can you take a photo of the area and attach it here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am unable to take a picture due to current location and circumstance.
OK, thanks, ***** ***** from your description your toilet sits up on a pedestal. to get to the plumbing what I have done is cut an access between the flange and the rear wall for access, then add backing strips to the floor and secure the top piece back in place after the repair. Does this make sense?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, not really. I do not wish to cut a hole in the floor under the toilet. If I have to, I will take it to a repair shop. I was hoping you, as an expert, would have a better solution. I had contemplated making an access panel, but was hoping for a less invasive response.
wishing you the best..Michael