gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Just purchased a 1997 Discovery by Fleetwood. It needs some

Customer Question

Just purchased a 1997 Discovery by Fleetwood. It needs some work & I am pretty handy, BUT, I have "Power Gear" hydraulic levelers with 4 jacks that even though as you request the right side to go down, & the amp-meter (on dash) drops nothing happens. The same amp-meter drop is shown when lowering any of the other jacks. All three of the other jacks work but the front right will only work as front. The left rear only works as rear or left and the front left lowers fine either way but won't retract (it is spring loaded) like the other two. I pulled the three valve coils and cleaned a little residue from each but all three showed power getting to them and I could feel popping when my wife used each one. The right rear cyclinder is free when prying dokwn on the base plate. What might I be missing to get the right side working?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
On the power gear control pad should be a small p/n number can you tell me what that says?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO numbers on the control panel. Would a photo help?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Sure if you can send one in your reply it might help....
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you see the attached photo at bottom of email?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Yes.....
Let me look at the service manual and I will contact you shortly...
Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
So I have been doing RV repair for some time and have never seen a power gear pad with the motor hot indicator like you have. I am going to put your question back up for other experts, my goal is for you to be satisfied. IF I find something out for that exact pad I will jump back in. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks