Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

There, I purchased a 2006 Alfa See ya 40FD about two months

Customer Question

Hi there, I purchased a 2006 Alfa See ya 40FD about two months ago and have been living in it for a few weeks now. When hooking it up to shore power (also have the LP turned on, I'm having trouble with my hot water heater. The two switches in the hallway (one for the 120 volt AC system and the LP system) both do not turn on the light when trying to operate it. I've checked the breakers but I'm unsure where to go from here.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
What is the make and model of the water heater, should be a sticker outside under the access panel for the water heater...
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Atwood GC10A-4EI found this on the equipment data sheet as I'm unsure how to access the water heater itself.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
On the outside you should have an access panel, under the panel is the circuit board. Pull the connector on the board and clean the contacts on the board with a pencil eraser. Sometimes this is a weak link. Next look for a brown wire with a clear plastic shield over it, that is a high limit cutoff which acts as a one time fuse, when it blows it prevents the water heater from working, make sure it is not blown... I would also check up at the switch to see if the switch is getting voltage, if no voltage is present look in the main fuse panel in the RV for a blow fuse. Also that circuit board can be tested, most RV shops have a special board tester.... Robert