Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We have a 1993 Hornet by Damon fifth wheel camper. The slideout

Customer Question

We have a 1993 Hornet by Damon fifth wheel camper. The slideout and jacks do not work. My husband installed a solenoid, but that was not the problem. It appears there is a black wire, that is connected to the jack motor, that has come off from somewhere, but we are unable to see where it was connected to. Is there a wiring schematic available for the slideout motor,& jacks motor?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Getting any kinds of prints on this is going to be very difficult, we see these types of questions all the time and they are hard to respond to, if I had a print I would give it to you.
Many times the slide-room and jacks are wired directly to the battery, make sure the battery voltage is good, I would also follow the cables from the battery and look for an in-line fuse or breaker. Some breakers will have two posts on them and a small tab that pops out when they trip. As a general rule they like to stick them 18" from the battery and could be on the frame.
IF you do not see any fuses or breakers near the battery please let me know as other experts may be able to assist...
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did not see any breakers or fuses. The slide out will not move
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He did find where the black wire went. It had slipped off the switch that activates the jacks. Got this fixed and now the jacks work, but the slide out does not
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
IF it is an electric slide-room you can try and jump the motor with a DC source and see if it moves, if it does not move bad motor, you have to try and jump power both ways. IF the slide-room moves then there could be a controller or relay between the switch and motor.... Robert