Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

How hard is it to replace the celling vent fan

Customer Question

how hard is it to replace the celling vent fan
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert..
These are not to hard to replace at all. You might need a pair of wire strippers and crimpers to make the new connections.
To start I would go top side and remove all the screws and sealant from the fan. This can be the hardest part as they can get sealed down pretty good, a razor knife and putty knife will help get that off. Inside you should have a shroud that will come off and all that is left is the wiring which you can cut and then add new connectors. After the new fan is installed use Dicor sealant over all the screws and the edge of the fan. These cut outs are all pretty much universal so any brand should work and will come with instructions. Really not to bad of a job.......
Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert