Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Howdy, I'm camped in a borrowed Monaco Diplomat diesel pusher,

Customer Question

Howdy, I'm camped in a borrowed Monaco Diplomat diesel pusher, been parked 3 weeks and chassis batteries seem to be too weak to start the coach. I'm connected to 50 amp shore whole time. Should I start the generator and wait a while to start engine? Just figure I need to run engine every few weeks!
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
On the dash you should have a battery boost switch, it will tie the house battery with the chassis battery when you hold the switch down. Hold it for about 30 seconds and then try starting the engine, if the engine starts let it run for about 30 mins to charge the battery. You can also start the generator and it should charge the battery as well.... I have seen some batteries so depleted that it might not accept a charge, if that is the case I would have the battery load tested... Hope this helps.... Robert