Larry Welch
Larry Welch,
Experience:  Master RV Tech at Hickory RV
81671807

We have a surveyor sport with 2popouts.The vinyl canvas was

Customer Question

We have a surveyor sport with 2popouts.The vinyl canvas was ripped when we put the front bed down.I called the warranty company and they said because it not a mechanical problem it's not covered.The camper is only 3 years old.Why would this happen and how do I get this fixed.It looks as though that part of the canvas screws in around the popup area close to where the seals are
Category: RV
Expert:  Larry Welch replied 1 year ago.
Hi Larry here. First, contact the dealer/manufacturer to determine if the factory will cover the repairs. Second, contact a "GOOD" upholstery shop and they can repair or replace. Thanks for the question and don't forget to rate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot believe your answer ! Duh.... that answer is a no brainer.I don't need to dish out money for you to tell me to take it to a dealer.I guess you didn't read my question well as I called extended warranty and they said not.I was hoping to get some kind of advise so when I go to the dealer I might be a lttle more informed.I was under the impression that your services included expert advise.
The question you asked answered it's self. We offer advice, not ammo to attack a dealer or manufacture. We are professionals not assassins. I will open the question up to other Techs, maybe you will get the answer you are looking for.