Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I bought a Allegro 36La in the winter of 2013, 6 months later

Customer Question

I bought a Allegro 36La in the winter of 2013, 6 months later I got a banging noise at the Surge Guard model 41260 series auto transfer switch. I called a RV tech in Pa. He came over and switched it over so, I had electricity but couldn't use the generator. Drove to FL to North Trail RV in Ft Myers. They fixed it under warranty. Didn't have any problems until last week. It started again while in Pa. Had the same tech over and changed it over again so have electricity but no generator. I have talked to other people that have Allegros and they have had the same problem. What do I need to fix it and is it a problem with the switch? Do I have to Pay for it? Do I have to call Bob? Please let me know what to do. Thank You. Gerald Hamel(###) ###-####email***@******.***
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Really hard to say what is causing the transfer switch to fail, the wiring should be verified. I can only give you advice as a tech on what to do. From my experience if you have a re-occurring issue in your warranty period and it is documented many RV manufacturers will honor the repair. So in your case I would contact Tiffin directly to see what they can do for you. Tiffin is a pretty good company and should have a parts and service department that should be able to help you out on this.... IF you have anymore questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert