Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have an 88 holiday rambler, the roof has leaked and mold

Customer Question

i have an 88 holiday rambler, the roof has leaked and mold has formed in the ceiling. i need to replace 1 of the ceiling panels, this is not luan, i believe it to be some kind of light fiber board, what i believe today would be a foam board iso? im not home now so im guessing it is about an inch thick and crumbles to the touch. ehat should i replace it with?
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nobody knows?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Sorry for the delay, normally you would have the luan and then it will be glued with the material to the board, is it possible for you to get a picture and then reply?
Thanks. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but it will be tomorrow . You think Luan even back in 88? I drive a truck and will not be home until tonight
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Very hard to say for sure, some used to have laun and then then they would glue a foam backed material to the board and the front would be a vinyl type material, but yes this is an old unit so hard to say for sure. I am around daily and respond when I can, we will figure it out once I see a picture. No hurry on my end.... Robert