Larry Welch
Larry Welch,
Experience:  Master RV Tech at Hickory RV
81671807

I have a rm2652 and it works on ac but not gas! I have replaced

Customer Question

I have a rm2652 and it works on ac but not gas! I have replaced the computer board,heater element thermo coupler> with the negative off the coupler it will spark and the pilot will light but the spark doesent stop and if you connect the ground on the coupler the pilot goes out! what do you think? thanks chris
Category: RV
Expert:  Larry Welch replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris, Larry here. I have to start from the beginning, so have patience. Do you have the LP bottles full and on? Does your stove lite? Do you hear the gas valve on the fridge "clicking" when it tries to start? Let's start with these first.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes bottles are ok the stove and heater are fine and also gas hw heater> you do hear the gas solenoid open for pilot and the clicking I hear after is the ingniter not stopping.
Hi Chris, you have me confused. This unit is electronic ignition and should not have a pilot light. By what you have told me so far sounds like a defective gas valve solenoid. It is trying to open but the pintle is stuck. Please take the time to rate and thanks for the question.