peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I own a 2001 Southwind Fleetwood A -class motor home M-35Rand

Customer Question

I own a 2001 Southwind Fleetwood A -class motor home M-35R
and my hydraulic leveling jacks would not engage to return upward and after some fiddling with the controls they did suck up but I was unable to engage transmission out of park. The motor home was running and the park brake was released . I shut the engine off and tried restarting but nothing happened. Not even a click. I'm thinking that there has to be some safety mechanism that says jacks are not fully up( which they are) and will not allow me to start engine
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the jack level/position sensors/system.There sounds to be an incorrect signal that is keeping the vehicle from coming out of park or allowing to start.
This will need to be tested further to locate the source of the fault and once located repaired or replaced.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I was looking for is a way to bypass this safety system which would allow me to drive my motor home to a repair shop.
Can you help with this?
Unfortunately I don't have the info for this here that you are looking for.I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.
Thanks Pete