Roy Belding
Roy Belding, RV Mechanic
Experience:  10 years expierence on all makes and models
3506196

Chevrolet Chevy Van 30: I have a 1995 24 foot class c motorhome

Customer Question

I have a 1995 24 foot class c motorhome with a Chevy 350 engine. It has 76K miles on it. I am having a intermittent problem with the transmission not shifting gears. When this happens the speedometer also stops working. It has happened to us twice in the last week. Both times were after it had set in the rain overnite.
Category: RV
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 1 year ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist
since you have replaced the sensor, it leaves the wiring harness as a possible failure. check the connector at the speed sensor for any corrosion or damage. I would seal the connection with di electric grease and see if it still happens. bad connections are 90% of all electrical issues
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Roy
Sorry I don't know if this is the problem yet. Your answer makes sense. I'll be taking the motorhome to my transmission guy this week, but because the problem is so intermittent, it will probably be a while before I know if this fixes our problem.
Thanks
Rick
ok, let me know how it works out
please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way we get paid for our efforts
Roy