Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have 2650 btu roof mounted dometic ac on 2013 camper. it

Customer Question

i have 2650 btu roof mounted dometic ac on 2013 camper. it worked fine, i pluged in new gen. and still worked fine i decided to turn it down and inadvertently tuned it off, instead of letting it rest i turned it right back on, it then blew braker on gen. i plugged it back to house current , now fan will not shut off in any position and compresser will not start, what have i ruined ?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
This could be the circuit board inside the AC unit if it is not shutting down. What you can try to do is remove all the AC and DC power, dis-connect from shore power and disconnect the battery for about 10 mins and then see if the thermostat will return to normal operation, if not I would have a shop inspect, just to be sure I would make sure I would make sure the shop has a test thermostat to make sure it is not the problem, normally when this happens it is a relay on the circuit board inside the AC unit, the relay is part of the board.... Hope this helps some... Robert