peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Suddenly, when slideout is moved in, there is a gap between

Customer Question

suddenly, when slideout is moved in, there is a gap between slide carpet and chassis carpet. A piece of plastic the length of the slide is visible under the slide and the slide won't close completely.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the living/dining slideout. The 'plastic piece' is visible from inside the RV. It looks like it's something that's supposed to be part of the slideout, but it's in the wrong place. It runs the total length of the slideout. I can see it and feel it by kneeling down on the floor inside the RV. It's keeping the slide floor from sitting firmly on the RV floor. The slideout wall, when 'in', shows a gap outside and won't seal totally against the gaskets. However, when the slide is 'out', it seals against the gaskets perfectly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's the deal? I paid the money, but have received nothing. Is your service a scam?
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
From what you have described here this does sound like either something has come loose jamming up the slide from operating properly or there is debris in the slide area causing this issue.I would have this checked over further to pinpoint the cause which may need done by an RV service center to locate the fault.It's hard to say from here for sure what has occurred but a component may have come loose or damaged or even broken causing this.
Thanks Pete