Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2011 KZ Sportsmen travel trailer that I bought in

Customer Question

I have a 2011 KZ Sportsmen travel trailer that I bought in 2013. We have only used it a couple of times because we can't figure out the water situation. The pump comes on and runs but no water comes out of the faucets. Any ideas.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
To start I would go to the back of the water heater and check you valve positions, most will have a hot, cold and bypass, the hot and cold should be open, valve handle with the pipe and the bypass closed, handle against the pipe. Sometimes you have to go inside opposite of the outside access pane and pull a panel or drawer to get to the back of the water heater.
Next I would check the voltage at the pump, if the voltage was low the pump might run but not produce water. Next I might crack the outlet on the pump and briefly turn it on, have a towel ready, want to make sure the pump is not air bound. Finally the pump could be bad and I would replace it if the voltage is good and all your valves are in the proper position. One clue would be if you feel air coming out the faucets the water should follow....Hope this helps some.... Robert