spankyjr1
spankyjr1, RV Mechanic
Experience:  I have been a mechanic/ technician for over 30 years working on gas,diesel,engines drive train,and electronics.
65057319

2004 vista I have trouble while fueling my mv it takes a long

Customer Question

2004 vista I have trouble while fueling my mv it takes a long with it shutting the pump off while filling
Category: RV
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for your question.
Sorry about delay.
The fill port where you add fuel has two parts,,one part allows fuel to enter the other allows tank to vent while fueling.
Most likely you have a collapsed or kinked hose from fill port to tank.
You will need to get under RV by fill port,,follow two lines to tank,,make sure its not kinked or soft,,if soft needs to be replaced,,if kinked needs to be replaced or repositioned.
Its also possible something is inside one of the pipes.
It just has hose clamps and rubber lines from fill port to metal tubes to tank to allow it to connect the two parts.
You may have to remove to check for obstructions.
Any questions or problems let me know
Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.know I'm happy to assist
Thanks