peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

1994 Fleetwood Flair. I've lost P/S and Brakes. Flushed air

Customer Question

1994 Fleetwood Flair. I've lost P/S and Brakes. Flushed air out of P/S added new fluid to have no improvement. Is it possible something in the hydraulic jack system is causing me this grief?
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
If your model has the hydro boost brake system there is a chance that the power steering pump itself is failing needing replaced to correct this here.I have seen the power steering pump fail on other models before and cause issues needing replaced.I would have this tested to see if this is the cause here for sure and replaced if found to be the fault.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am certain it is neither pump or hydro boost as it works fine until you move 10ft. As well we have sucked air out of p/s system already
Does air continue to enter the system?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would guess yes. Fluid level rises and blows out top of reservoir when test driven.
Have you checked over the system to see if any leaks are found allowing air into the system at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mechanic has. Yes.
With my info being limited on this model I will have to see if anyone else can help with this.I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.
Thanks Pete