Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2007 Monaco diplamat smells in full lenght slide drawers and

Customer Question

2007 Monaco diplamat smells in full lenght slide drawers and by electric cord
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Can you describe what you are smelling? Does it smell like electrical, or something else?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Smells like mold or damp
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's under washer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not electric smell
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not propane smell
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
I would be checking the connections at the washer if something was dripping even a little it is going to smell. I might pull the washer out and inspect the flooring to see if it is stained. If so then I would find the source of the leak and if the floor is not rotted and just stained treat it with Kizs.
You also mentioned the slide-out, I would also try and see if the floor in that area looks stained, if so then I would be checking for leaks around the slide-room, have someone outside with a sprayer while someone is watching inside for leaks, do small area at a time. Normally when you can smell it there will be signs near where the source of the problem is... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert