peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a Fleetwood Triumph 2003 5th wheel with 3 slides. We

Customer Question

I have a Fleetwood Triumph 2003 5th wheel with 3 slides.
We have a leak that has shown up in the middle of the living room floor. Does the shower/sink drain to a gray water tank in the rear of the unit? The wetness first appeared under the slide in the kitchen and then became really large in the middle of the living room floor. I can't find the water source!! Please help?
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For some history. We had difficulty winterizing because the pump underneath the sink would not pump anti-freeze thru the lines. We are thinking there was water in the lines somewhere past the pump?? It has been plugged into electric for the past several months. As we got it ready for spring we drained all the fluids again so anti-freeze was anywhere.
Three problems appeared at the same time. A/C froze up, hot water heater would not work and a mysterious puddle appeared. The puddle is not under the ac unit. Not even close. The condenser is still running so we think it is the fan. We replaced the hot water heater element so we think it is the board that needs to be replaced. So the water on the floor is the big mystery.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
This does sound like a water line itself was possibly damaged or cracked causing this here.However it is difficult to say for sure what line/hose has cracked and caused this fault.
This will need to be inspected further to pinpoint the cause and once located repaired from there to correct it.This may require removing floor paneling to locate the leak.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me Pete. When you say "remove the floor paneling" do you mean peel up the carpet or is there a way to access the water line from under the unit. It is a 4 season camper and has an underbelly covering.
Your welcome
I believe the best way is from under this model here but I don't recall or know for sure.It would be best to have a repair facility look into this if possible this way nothing else is damaged and they would know for sure how to access the puddle to locate the leak.
Thanks Pete