gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have code 33 I have replaced the pump,I've cleaned the carb,and

Customer Question

i have code 33 I have replaced the pump,I've cleaned the carb,and it well run for 15 seconds and shut back down,I've also changed the oil,and spark plug
Category: RV
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
Thank you for requesting me.
What is the full model number of the genset, exactly as it is written on the data label?
Also, on the KY units, there is no code 33 - it is just a code 3, which is only a service indicator.
We need to see what the actual fault code is.
Go to the genset and use the switch on the set itself.
Press 'Stop' 3 times within 5 seconds. The light in the switch will start flashing.
If the light flashes 3 times, pauses for 3 seconds, and flashes 3 more times, press and immediately release 'Stop' one more time.
This will put the controller into Fault Read Mode.
The light will flash (X) number of times, pause for 1 second, and flash for (X) number of times again. Count the flashes before and after the pause.
This will be the Fault Code.
Example: 2 rapid flashes, 1 second pause, 5 rapid flashes is a Fault Code 25.
There may be more than one Fault Code stored, so watch the light very carefully. If there is more than one code, it will display them all in order, and then start over again.
Be very careful not to misread a first level fault code (single digit code) as a second level fault code (double digit code).
The way to tell the difference is by the length of the pauses.
There is a 1 second pause between digits of a second level code, and a 3 second pause between codes.
For example, if it is flashing 2 times, 1 second pause, flashing 2 times, 3 second pause and repeating, then this is a second level fault code of 22.
If it is flashing 2 times, 3 second pause, flashing 2 times, 3 second pause and repeating, then this is a first level fault code of 2.
What Fault Code are you getting?
.
While it is running, is it running smoothly, or is it surging?
When it shuts down, will it start right back up, or does it have to sit for a while before it will restart?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4KYFA26100K. S/n E020369954 also I got the same code 33
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
To get to the secondary code, you need to press and release the STOP/PRIME button while it is flashing 3 times.
.