peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2007 Beaver Patriot Thunder (44 feet) with 3 air conditioners

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Beaver Patriot Thunder (44 feet) with 3 air conditioners and a combination washer dryer. When I use the washer dryer, the rear bedroom air conditioner automatically cuts out. This is a safety feature. What I want is for the middle air conditioner to cut out, not the rear bedroom air conditioner. We want to run the rear air conditioner while using the washer dryer because it is quieter. I understand this has something to do with a load shedding device or an EMS (emergency management system) device. How do I change the cut out device to turn off the middle air conditioner (instead of the bedroom rear air conditioner) when using the washer dryer? Where is the load shedding device? Is it programable to make the change? Thanks, ***** *****
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the update about getting back with me last night. Will you be responding today (5 July 2015)? Additional information: I have gone to the main electrical breaker box and switched the connection for the 20 amp rear bedroom air conditioner with the 20 amp connection for the middle air conditioner. But, when we ran the washer-dryer, it still turned off the rear bedroom air conditioner. This led me to believe there is something else (Load shedding device or EMS?) controlling the automatic shut off of the rear air conditioner. I need to reverse what I did, if I can't find any other answers from you. As explained above, still want to automatically shut off the middle air conditioner (instead of the rear bedroom air conditioner). Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
In most cases this is wired this way to shut down the compressor when using the washer or dryer to protect the circuit.I don't see a way it can be programmed differently.It would have to usually be wired differently in most cases and this should be checked and performed (if possible) by an RV service center.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete: Thanks for the answer. My three questions were:
(1) How do I change the cut out device to turn off the middle air conditioner (instead of the bedroom rear air conditioner) when using the washer/dryer? I understand your answer to be, it can't be done, unless maybe by an experience RV technician.
(2) Where is the load shedding device? I didn’t see an answer to this question. The manual says it is located in one of four places. (A) At the main breaker switches. I looked thoroughly there and did not find the load sharing device. (B) Underneath the kitchen sink area. Again, I looked there and did not find the device. (C) Underneath the bedroom drawer are. Again, I looked there and did not find the device. (D) Behind the TV. I did not look there, because the TV is a drop down model from the ceiling (in the main galley area).
Do you have a suggestion as to where the load sharing device might be?
(3) Is the load sharing device programable? I understood your answer to be probably not.
Thanks, ***** *****
Unfortunately I don't have the exact answer for this here.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist more just let me know if this is something you would like to do.
Thanks Pete