peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

98 coleman cranks up but not down. I manually got it down

Customer Question

98 coleman cranks up but not down. I manually got it down with channel locks and realigned the ratchet. then it went up and down .but when i put all the way up it would not go down.

Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
I would check and make sure the ratchet is aligning with the gears properly with this issue here.If a fault is found where it isn't aligning properly or an issue with the gears on the ratchet or lift this will need repaired or replaced.I suspect it is skipping or coming off of a tooth when this occurs here.
Thanks Pete