Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2001 36' Safari Cheetah diesel pusher. There is a

Customer Question

I have a 2001 36' Safari Cheetah diesel pusher. There is a leak in the sewer system after the valves. (When I drain the system, wastewater flows around the outside of the drain valve).
This system is on a panel on the side, and not accessible underneath. How do I access the valve area to replace the leaking part?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...

Normally you would strip everything on the panel and then most times that panel is screwed in all the way around. Under the panel they might have sealant which makes them very difficult to come out. IF you can send a picture of that panel I might have some more input on this.... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That's what I assumed, but there is a dump valve handle that is right up against the wall of the compartment, so I can't unscrew it.

I store the RV away from my home. I'll go there later today and take a photo of the panel and include it.

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK

Sounds good, I am around daily so no hurry on my end....

Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Here are the photos of the panel. I took a close up of the valve handle that can't be unscrewed because it is right against the edge of the panel.

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Boy what a poor design, I think the rod it's self will unscrew but the handle might prevent that from happening... That side panel also looks odd to me, normally you would not see exposed wood like that I would see what is on the other side of that, if there is room on the other side I might cut that section out, the only other option I see is to cut the handle off they do have the extension tubes.... Click HERE....

Robert