Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

The compressor in a brand new air conditioner will not shut

Customer Question

The compressor in a brand new air conditioner will not shut off, have to trip the breaker for it to quit, whats is the problem with my unit
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...

From my experince if the AC compressor will not shut down you have a failed relay on the board for the AC unit and the board would need to be replaced. I might find a RV shop with a test board to confirm..... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi There
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Let me know,
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. The jury is still out on a solution. My rv centre was not sure about my problem. I have ordered a new control box for my air conditioner. It is suppose to be here Monday. If you like I can keep you in the loop as to outcome.

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good....

Robert