Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2002 3 horse Sundowner living quarters and the 12

Customer Question

I have a 2002 3 horse Sundowner living quarters and the 12 volt system doesn't work. The batteries are good and the battery charger seems to be working. I checked the fuses and breakers and all I can think off. I am probably missing something. I need help
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
When you are plugged into power the power converter makes the DC voltage and charges the battery, when you unplug then the converter will switch to battery power. Sometimes on the cable from the converter to the battery you will find a shortstop auto breaker. As a general rule they like to stick them 18" from the battery, could be on the frame. IF you see one the voltage to chassis ground should be the same on each post. The other issue is the converter is not switching to battery power. The converter will be part of the main fuse/breaker panel OR stand alone and plug into an outlet, on the stand alone style it will most likely have two fuses on it. Sometimes it is behind the breaker panel or under the stove, fridge etc, or it could be outside near the battery.... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert